What is Breast Cancer?
When breast cells begin to grow out of control and form a tumor, this is when Breast Cancer starts. It spreads when cancer cells get in contact with blood cells or lymph system. Generally, women over 50 years of age are most prone to the disease. There can be various reasons why one can get the disease such as previous benign breast lump, breast density, exposure to oestrogen, obesity, excessive alcohol, contraceptive pills, hormone replacement therapy, previously diagnosed breast cancer etc.
Abnormal nipple discharge includes-
- Lump in the breast
- A change in size or shape of the breast
- Discharge from a nipple
- Bloody nipple discharge
- Inverted nipple
- Breast pain and sore nipple
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck or armpit
- Dimpling of the breast’s skin
- Laparoscopic Breast Cancer Surgery- A minimally invasive procedure in which the surgeon makes a small incision and inserts an equipment in the breast tissue. This surgery is comparatively much beneficial as it not only requires shorter stay at the hospital but also helps in faster recovery and lesser post-ops.
- Hormone therapy
- Targeted therapy
- Radiation therapy